Study found Southern schools doing best at meeting USDA rule.
Read the Story
- Vegetables in Childhood May Benefit Breast Health
Girls who ate carotenoid-rich foods less likely to have breast conditions, study finds
- Beans, Lentils, Peas: Your Recipe for Lower Cholesterol?
Review of 26 studies finds one serving per day tied to healthier arteries, especially in men
- Drinking Milk May Slow Knee Arthritis in Women, Study Finds
Same effect was not seen in men, and high cheese intake was tied to poorer knee health
- Could Coffee Lower Death Risk From Liver Cirrhosis?
Large study from China suggests 2 daily cups might offer protection in cases of non-viral hepatitis
- Jury Still Out on Benefits of Vitamin D
One of two reviews suggests it may help people live longer, but finding is not definitive
- Monkeys on Very-Low-Cal Diet Lived Longer, Healthier Lives
Jury is still out on whether such regimens could do the same for humans, experts say
- Can Diet Soft Drinks Contribute to Heart Trouble in Women?
Those who consumed the most had highest risk, but the study results are preliminary
- Fruits and Veggies May Reduce Death Risk, Study Suggests
Large 12-year review found the more daily portions you eat, the better off you are
- Many Kids May Have High Cholesterol, Regardless of Weight
Abnormal levels seen in 1 of 3 children, possibly raising future heart disease risk, researcher says
- Health Tip: Why Your Body Needs Fat
And which fats are the healthier choices
Browse Health News by Category: