Researchers weigh results of 8 studies, find excess pounds raise death risk over time.
Read the Story
- Germs That Inhabit Gut May Affect Colon Cancer Risk
Some digestive bacteria might help prevent disease, while other types could be harmful, study suggests
- Could Electrical Brain Stimulation Boost Perseverance?
In tiny study, 2 patients experienced a desire to conquer challenge
- Suicide Try While Young a 'Red Flag' for Lifelong Struggles, Study Finds
Strong response, follow-up needed after young people try to kill themselves
- Do You Sound Tall or Small?
Researchers say your voice may help listeners determine your height
- Drug Abuse By Young Anesthesiologists Is Rare But Sometimes Deadly
Study finds rates approached 1 percent during doctors' training program
- Little Increase Seen in Minority Faculty at Medical Schools
Despite initiatives to increase representation, gains are still small, study finds
- Home Visits During Pregnancy and Beyond May Give Poor Kids a Boost
Better focus and stability noted in families seen by nurses and other trained caregivers, study finds
- Health Highlights: Dec. 2, 2013
- Brain Scans May Support Venus/Mars Divide Between Sexes
Study analyzed brain 'wiring' of kids, teens and young adults
- Major Fixes Made, HealthCare.gov Still a Work in Progress
Health officials make substantial improvements, but say more needs to be done
Browse Health News by Category: