However, young children in southern states suffer more than their peers in other regions.
Read the Story
- Younger Skin Cancer Survivors May Be at Risk for Other Cancers
Large study followed patients with nonmelanoma skin cancer for 6 years
- Are Kids Born to Older Dads at Risk for Mental Health Woes?
Large Swedish study found higher rates of autism, ADHD and other disorders, but expert says the risk is small
- One-Third of Young Stroke Victims Remain Disabled Years After: Study
Keys to improved function include preventing a 2nd stroke and continuing with rehab, experts say
- Late-Stage Cancer Diagnosis More Likely in Uninsured Teens, Young Adults
Those lacking health coverage are often male, black or Hispanic and from the South, study finds
- Flu Hitting Younger Adults Hard, Vaccination Helps: CDC
Hospitalizations, deaths up for people 18 to 64
- Are Best Memories Made by Age 25?
That's when major milestones tend to occur, study author says
- Doctors Slower to Prescribe High Blood Pressure Meds to Younger Patients
Study found age was a factor in how quickly patients got treatment
- High Blood Pressure in Young Adults Could Mean Heart Trouble in Middle Age
25-year study tied even slight rise in early adulthood to future risk of clogged arteries
- Babies Born to Moms Over 35 May Have Lower Risk for Certain Birth Defects
Study finding is specific to physical anomalies that are unrelated to chromosomes, researchers say
- Slow Reaction Times May Be Harbinger of Early Death
Study found the effect was not altered by age, sex, ethnicity, socioeconomic background or lifestyle
Browse Health News by Category: