They still have an increased likelihood of heart attack, death, researchers found.
Read the Story
- Despite Childhood Obesity Epidemic, Few Kids Tested for Cholesterol
Study found that less that 4 percent had their blood levels tested, countering recent guidelines
- Is Healthy Obesity a Myth?
Study found even with normal blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugar levels, the obese had more artery plaque
- Statin Users Eating More Bad Food Than a Decade Ago, Study Shows
Doctors need to re-emphasize importance of healthy diet to patients, researcher says
- Less Salt Use Tied to Drop in U.K. Heart Deaths
Deaths from stroke also fell in the 8-year study from England
- Beans, Lentils, Peas: Your Recipe for Lower Cholesterol?
Review of 26 studies finds one serving per day tied to healthier arteries, especially in men
- Heart Disease Haunted Mummies, Too
Thought to be a modern malady, it was as prevalent in ancient times as it is today, study suggests
- New Drug Lowers Cholesterol Beyond What Statins Can Do, Study Finds
Whether it also prevents heart attacks and strokes isn't known yet, experts say
- Stronger Muscles May Mean Better Health for Kids
Study of 6th-graders links greater strength to lower risk for heart disease
- Intensive Early Childhood Education May Boost Adult Health
Study found kids in special program had lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels, weighed less in their 30s
- Smoke-Free Policies May Protect the Heart
Study found hospitalizations for heart disease, stroke dipped after Michigan passed workplace smoking ban
Browse Health News by Category: