(HealthDay News) -- Your toddler may ask for soda or juice, but neither is the healthiest choice.
The American Academy of Pediatrics mentions these healthier drink options for young children:
- Plain water or milk are healthier choices than soda, sports drinks or fruit juices.
- Your child should have about three servings (1/2 cup per serving) of low-fat or fat-free milk each day.
- Offer your child milk with meals and water at snack time.
- Offer whole fruit instead of fruit juice.
- If you do offer juice, make sure it is 100 percent fruit juice, and only offer 4-to-6 ounces.