(HealthDay News) -- Caring for your glucose meter can help you get the most accurate blood sugar results.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration mentions these suggestions:
- Before use, read the instructions for both your glucose meter and test strips.
- Make sure you use the appropriate test strips for your meter.
- Always wash hands before testing.
- Keep a log with results and the date and time you tested, even if your glucose meter does this for you.
- Follow the instructions on how to appropriately clean your glucose meter, and avoid any harsh cleaners.
- Bring your meter with you to doctor's visits.