for a printable version of Coach Nicole's 15-Minute Ball Workout! About This Workout
If your stability ball is collecting dust in a closet somewhere, or if you have one but aren't sure exactly how to use it, then this workout is for you. Coach Nicole will lead you through one short set of 9 exercises (plus stretches) that will strengthen all of your major muscle groups without any additional equipment. All you need is your body and a ball!
- Length: 15 minutes
- Equipment: Body weight, mat (optional, for cushioning), stability ball
- Type of Workout: Strength training (toning) & flexibility
- Muscles Worked: Lower body (quads, calves, hamstrings, inner & outer thighs, glutes), Core (abs, obliques, lower back) and Upper body (chest, shoulders, arms)
- Fitness Level: Intermediate
- Impact: Low-impact
- Safety Precautions: A mat (optional) will help cushion your body while lying on the floor. Ensure that your ball is properly inflated to get the most out of this workout. Sitting or lying on a ball makes each exercise more challenging than sitting on a flat surface. If you have any balance issues or are new to exercise in general, some of these exercises may be too advanced for you.
- Extra Tip: The diameter of your stability ball should be related to your height. Balls comes in 3 standard sizes: 55 cm (for someone 5'2" to 5'7" tall), 65 cm (5'7" to 6'2" tall) and 75 cm (over 6'2" tall). When sitting on your ball, your feet should rest flat on the floor with a 90-degree bend at the knees.