About this Workout
This workout is part of SparkPeople's New YOU Bootcamp Workout plan. Coach Nicole
has created an easy-to-follow upper body workout that you can do anywhere, with a pair of dumbbells and a stability ball These targeted exercises and stretches will help you develop tighter and firmer muscles over time. Free of complex choreography, this workout is appropriate for people of many different fitness levels and abilities.
- Length: 8 minutes
- Equipment: Dumbbells and a ball
- Type of Workout: Strength training (toning) & flexibility
- Muscles Worked: Back, shoulders, biceps, triceps, chest
- Fitness Level: Beginner to advanced
- Impact: No impact
- Safety Precautions: Use a weight that is appropriate for your fitness level, where you feel challenged but can maintain good form.
- Extra Tip: When lying on the ball, keep your knees above your ankles and you feet flat on the floor. While on your back, bend your knees 90 degrees and bridge your hips towards the ceiling, engaging your abs.