About This Workout
This workout will help you strengthen (and stretch) your hips, glutes and thighs--without any equipment. Coach Nicole will take you through one short set of 6 Pilates exercises (plus stretches). If you're new to Pilates, we recommend that you watch our short Intro to Pilates
- Length: 10 minutes
- Equipment: Body weight, mat (optional, for cushioning)
- Type of Workout: Strength training (toning) & flexibility
- Muscles Worked: Lower body (hips, outer thighs, inner thighs, glutes)
- Fitness Level: Beginning to advanced; since this workout has few transitions, it may also be suitable for individuals with limited mobility.
- Impact: No (low) impact
- Safety Precautions: A mat will help cushion your body while lying on the floor. Shoes are optional during this Pilates workout. Always work at your own pace and level, using modifications whenever necessary.
- Extra Tip: Only complete as many exercises as you can using good form, taking a break as needed. As you progress, try to finish the entire video.