I was recently told I am insulin resistant and have some decreased liver function,as a result. My doctor told me to lose 10 pounds (I could easily lose 100 ;) . I am a big sweets eater and it was very hard for me to moderate the amount I would eat...it was all or nothing (usually all).
Then I realized; MY BODY CAN'T TOLERATE EXCESS SUGAR. In other words, I am "SUGAR INTOLERANT", like others are lactose intolerant. It's almost like I'm "allergic" to sweets.
"I would like to try the dessert you made, but I'm sugar intolerant (or allergic)".
It just makes it easier for me to say no. Just like others may want to eat ice cream, they just can't....