It's time to pat yourself on the back. You've done a good job, and it's time to enjoy it. Rewards bring a sense of motivating accomplishment. They condition your brain to keep working on things. It feels good to know you've accomplished something, which keeps you from taking your goals for granted. Realize that it's a feat to be able to stick with something, because many people don't. Recognize that effort, and keep the energy up!
These are just a few of the rewards that we, our clients, and our online members have developed. You can choose any or all of these reward ideas, and don't be afraid to add your own. Try to match meaningful rewards with relevant goals. Choose some Consistency rewards ("If I meet my workout goals this month, I'm getting a massage) and some larger Destination rewards ("When I get my degree, I'm going on a cruise!"). Set up a regular schedule and bring some celebration into your program. You've earned it!
SparkPeople Rewards Roster
CHOOSE YOUR FAVORITES AND USE THEM LIBERALLY
- Compliment yourself. Write down what you would say to anyone else who accomplished what you did.
- Create an actual plaque or trophy.
- Give yourself badges of honor for different levels of accomplishment.
- Take a vacation or weekend getaway.
- Take a day off from any goal activities.
- Put $1 in a jar every time you meet a goal. When it gets to $50, treat yourself.
- Create a Trophy Scrapbook, where you keep mementos from your accomplishments.
- Go out to dinner at your favorite restaurant, or try a new one.
- See a movie.
- Make a grab bag of little prizes. When you reach a significant goal, reach in and get your reward!
- Go for a spa treatment or massage.
- Buy yourself a gift certificate.
- Take a limo ride to work one day.
- Subscribe to a magazine you always wanted.
- Go canoeing or do something outdoorsy.
- Watch your favorite TV show.
- Have a reward snack, whatever you want (but not too much of course).
- Buy something for your hobby (i.e., car, garden, music, collections, holidays).
- Read a funny book.
- Celebrate "100% Days". If you reach 100% of your goals that day, choose two rewards.
- Find some time to be by yourself.
- Pay someone to do the yardwork or house cleaning this week.
- Fly a kite.