About This Workout
Use this short workout to tone your butt and thighs without lunges or squats! These closed-chain exercises are easier on the knees, but by performing them on a foam roller, you'll recruit more muscle fibers in the gluteus maximus and the biceps femoris (hamstrings) to retain strength and muscle tone. After just five minutes, you WILL feel the burn and notice tighter and firmer muscles over time.
- Length: 5 minutes
- Equipment: Foam roller and mat (optional, for cushioning)
- Type of Workout: Strength training (toning) & flexibility
- Muscles Worked: Glutes and hamstrings
- Fitness Level: Intermediate to advanced
- Impact: Low-impact
- Safety Precautions: A mat will help cushion your body on the floor. Because this video will work your muscles to fatigue, rest at least 1-2 days before doing additional gluteal exercises. Watch our Intro to Using a Foam Roller video for more safety tips, especially because foam rollers can challenge your balance.
- Extra Tip: This entire workout can also be performed on a stability ball if you don't have a foam roller. Just place your feet on top of the ball. (Bridging exercises can also be done without a ball--simply place your feet flat on the floor.)