About This Workout
This workout will help you strengthen (and stretch) your abdominals, obliques and lower back--without performing a single crunch or sit-up! Coach Nicole will take you through one short set of Pilates-style exercises (plus stretches) for a complete core challenge. If you're new to Pilates, we recommend that you watch our short Intro to Pilates
- Length: 10 minutes
- Equipment: Mat (optional, for cushioning)
- Type of Workout: Strength training (toning) & flexibility
- Muscles Worked: Core (abs, obliques, lower back and hips)
- Fitness Level: Beginning to advanced; since this workout has few transitions, it may also be suitable for individuals with limited mobility.
- Impact: Low-impact
- Safety Precautions: A mat will help cushion your body while lying on the floor. Shoes are optional during this Pilates workout. Always work at your own pace and level, using modifications whenever necessary.
- Extra Tip: Only complete as many exercises as you can using good form, taking a break as needed. As you progress, try to finish the entire video.