has created a fun and effective kickboxing workout that will elevate your heart rate to burn calories and fat. This video will lead you through a short warm up, cardio workout, cool down and stretching routine in about 10 minutes, making it easy to fit into your day. Free of complex choreography, this workout is appropriate for people of many different fitness levels and abilities.
- Length: 10 minutes
- Equipment: None
- Type of Workout: Cardio (aerobic) & flexibility
- Fitness Level: Beginner to Advanced
- Impact: Medium-impact
- Safety Precautions: Wear proper footwear. Exercise at your own intensity level, using tips provided to lower your intensity if necessary. Only complete as much of the video as you can, taking a break to recover (by marching) when necessary. Never stop abruptly--if you get tired, try to stay moving, even if you're just walking in place. As you progress, try to finish the entire video or to repeat the video several times.
- Extra Tip: Keep your movements big, but controlled! The deeper you squat, higher you kick, and quicker you move, the harder you'll be working.
- BUY IT! SparkPeople's Cardio Blast DVD features a new and improved version of this workout, plus 5 additional 10-minute cardio routines!