About this Workout
This workout is part of SparkPeople's New YOU Bootcamp Workout plan. Coach Nicole
has created an easy-to-follow upper body workout that you can do anywhere, with a stability ball. These targeted exercises and stretches will help you develop tighter and firmer muscles over time. Free of complex choreography, this workout is appropriate for people of many different fitness levels and abilities.
- Length: 10 minutes
- Equipment: A ball and a mat
- Type of Workout: Strength training (toning) & flexibility
- Muscles Worked: Abs, obliques, lower back, hips
- Fitness Level: Beginner to advanced
- Impact: Low-impact
- Safety Precautions: Be careful when leaning or lying on the ball, especially if you are new to using one. If you need to make the ball moves easier, you can do the same movements lying on the floor, knees bent, and feet flat.
- Extra Tip: Make sure your ball is well-inflated. This will help you balance more easily and keep you safe, too.