About this Workout
This workout is part of SparkPeople's New YOU Bootcamp Workout plan. Coach Nicole
has created an easy-to-follow lower body workout that you can do anywhere, with a pair of dumbbells (optional) and a stability ball. These targeted exercises and stretches will help you develop tighter and firmer muscles over time. Free of complex choreography, this workout is appropriate for people of many different fitness levels and abilities.
- Length: 7 minutes
- Equipment: Dumbbells (optional) and a ball
- Type of Workout: Strength training (toning) & flexibility
- Muscles Worked: Glutes, quads, hamstrings, inner and outer thighs, calves
- Fitness Level: Beginner to advanced
- Impact: Low-impact
- Safety Precautions: Use a weight that is appropriate for your fitness level, where you feel challenged but can maintain good form.Â
- Extra Tip: Watch out for poor form! Make sure you don't lean forward when lunging or squatting, and try to keep your weight balanced equally between both feet.