About this Workout
Jumping rope isn't just for kids! It's a high-intensity cardio workout that also blasts calories. No jump rope? No problem! You can do this workout even without a jump rope. Coach Nicole will lead you through a short warm up, cardio workout, cool down and stretching routine in about 10 minutes, making it easy to fit into your day. Free of complex choreography, this workout is appropriate for people of many different fitness levels and abilities.
- Length: 10 minutes
- Equipment: Jump rope (optional)
- Type of Workout: Cardio (aerobic) & flexibility
- Fitness Level: Intermediate to Advanced
- Impact: High-impact
- Safety Precautions: Wear proper footwear and pay attention to your footwork to avoid tripping or slipping. Exercise at your own intensity level, using tips provided to lower your intensity if necessary. Only complete as much of the video as you can, taking a break to recover (by marching in place) when necessary. Never stop abruptly--if you get tired, try to stay moving, even if you're just walking in place. As you progress, try to finish the entire video.
- Extra Tip: If you don't have a jump rope, don't have the coordination to use one, or simply don't have enough space to turn a rope, you can still do this workout by mimicking the jump rope movement with your hands.
- BUY IT! SparkPeople's new Cardio Blast DVD features a new and improved version of this workout!